Sunday, June 21, 2009

Retirement...or Not


I love retirement-so far, that is. But some of my friends who are older than I and who have retired once or twice only to return to the world of work do not-I repeat-do not want to retire. They're vibrant, contributing women who are important in their chosen field.

That doesn't stop people from asking over and over when these work-loving women over 60 are opting out. Paraphrasing Jeanne Phillips of "Dear Abby," those who are tired of the retirement question could just say that retirement is a dirty word. And please don't use it around us!

1 comment:

  1. I've seen Over 60's women working in many places. McDonald's has huge posters asking older women(people, really, but the poster shows a woman) to apply.

    Some work at McDonald's to reconnect with people since their families are not near. Others do so for that parttime cash.

    From my observation, they are reliable, friendly and diligent-unlike some others I've run into.

    It's nice to see that older women are recognized for their 'desired employee' status.

    ReplyDelete