Saturday, June 27, 2009

Finally! Time to Read


In my whole working life, I never had time to read-other than work-related tons of student writing!

Now, I'm really enjoying the time I have to read. For pure fun and enjoyment, I'm reading the Janet Evanovich series featuring Stephanie Plum, the bail-bond enforcer in New Jersey. Her escapades with her plus+plus+plus partner are always funny since the perps fleeing bail are usually neighborhood kooks. In this case an 80+ man who refuses to wear pants and doesn't show for his bail hearing.

The best character (other than Ranger) has to be Grandma Mazur. In FEARLESS FOURTEEN, she meets a teen who is battling evil with his video game. Grandma becomes "Scorch" entering the game with her two older friends-complete with black outfits (spandex, of course). It's Grandma Mazur's antics that make me laugh outloud. I haven't read the fifteenth in the series, FINGER LICKIN' FIFTEEN (She allows readers to title her books.)

If you like Evanovich, read the interview in TIME, June 22, 2009, in which she talks about writing, her newest book, and her aim to entertain, not as she says to "put my political agenda in your face."

No comments:

Post a Comment