Saturday, March 14, 2015

Why Not Make This Your First Do-It-Yourself Spring Project: Tom and Claudia's Garage

OK, I might not think of a garage makeover as the first project on my spring 'to-do' list.  But, wait a minute!  This would be an eye-popping addition to enjoy each time I pull into my fantastic, newly-designed garage. Have a nicer car than my trusty minivan?  Even better, your vehicle will be happy here. 

Here's Tom and Claudia's  garage.  Are you jealous yet?

 
How did they do it?  In his own words,
 
 "The material comes in 12x12 inch squares and snaps together. It is called Race Deck flooring made in Utah. (RaceDeck.com)  I picked out the colors, called the company with my garage dimensions, and they figured out how many pieces I needed. No prep was needed to the floor except to sweep. 
As for the wall decor, we put my old Steelers posters, car pictures and a painting I did years ago. Oh, the surf board, I bought at a garage sale when we lived in Ft Lauderdale, couldn't pass it up for $5.00. No, I don't surf, never have!!!!
So, to make a long story short, we decorated the garage together.
 
(Our thanks to Tom and Claudia for sharing their creation.  It's amazing!)

No comments:

Post a Comment