Monday, August 31, 2009

Why Travel?? For Relaxation and Unexpected Rewards!





So where has this area been all my life? Our family just returned from a week in Kill Devil Hills on the Outer Banks. Such a beautiful place!

Traveling north to Corolla Lighthouse provided a totally different landscape, greener with lush trees and more ground cover, but-too bad-not many restaurants. Restaurants are a must in my travel plans. Many vacationing families enjoy cooking family meals together. I might like that if I ever try it, but for now good restaurants are in my everyday itinerary.

The Wright Brothers National Monument in Kill Devil Hills is very impressive, and going south, the Cape Hattaras Lighthouse is worth the trip. Again, this landscape is distinct-more dunes, less greenery, the long, water-spanning bridge-all worth the trip.

Several of my friends have been to the Outer Banks or to other great places from Maine to Florida on the Eastern Shore. I'd love to hear about other locations, now that I've finally found that an East Coast vacation is a great adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment